The short version (since I've already told the longer version several times) - Queue — LiveJournal
The short version (since I've already told the longer version several times)|
- Car broken into while parked near Davis Square. GPS stolen. Front driver's window smashed to hell (and I found a 3-lb barbell weight on the floor of the passenger's seat).
- Called police, and they had somehow recovered the GPS! I need to call back tomorrow to talk to the officer who handled it. No other details on that yet.
- I requested an appointment via an online form for a local glass company. Nobody seems to be open on Sunday, so I hope to have this taken care of Monday.
- Yes, I know that at least one of you advised me to not leave the GPS in the car. Lesson learned.
- Yes, I have heard (from two people, after the incident) that there have been a rash of these in the Davis Square area.
- No, I'm not terribly upset about this. I'll get the GPS back, the window should be replaced with a minimum of hassle, I have a somewhat interesting story to tell, and, hey, free 3-lb weight.
Was the GPS visible from the windows? Also, do you have the mount attached to the windshield? Scott read that people drive around looking for those windshield mounts and break into those cars hoping to find a GPS. We have the dashboard bean bag now and leave it on the floor.... And yes, we keep them in the car, hidden.
|Date:||January 27th, 2008 02:45 pm (UTC)|| |
Yes, I have (well, had, I guess; hopefully they recovered the mount, too) a windshield mount. A bean bag sounds like an excellent idea, though. I'll have to play with different ideas for how to mount it in the car once I get it back.