Anyone know someone looking to work in marketing? Feel free to pass this along wherever. The email address below will work fine, but I'm also happy to be made aware of someone applying so that I can poke the appropriate people about it.
A K Peters, Ltd., an independent publisher of scientific technical books, non-fiction trade books, textbooks, and journals, seeks a marketing assistant in its Wellesley, MA office.
Duties and Responsibilities
The marketing assistant will work with the marketing director to plan, implement, and track all ongoing marketing campaigns for books and journals. The position includes, but is not limited, to the following:
• Promote sales for all titles, backlist and new, through a variety of channels such as direct mail, email, internet, library sales, advertising, and more.
• Write copy for and work with production to coordinate catalogs, brochures, and other marketing material.
• Drive journal revenue through annual renewal mailings and campaigns to attract new subscribers.
• Coordinate exhibit schedule, registration, and logistics for all exhibits. Some attendance at exhibits possible.
• Coordinate textbook promotions for growing list of undergraduate/graduate level texts.
This full-time position requires excellent communication, time management, and computer skills (Word, Excel, InDesign.) The successful candidate will be organized, proactive, detail-oriented, and able to work well in a team environment. Previous marketing experience and exposure to publishing is a plus.
We work in a collaborative, team environment. Full benefits provided, including health, dental, 401K with matching, 15 paid days vacation plus holidays. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com or fax to 781-416-2889.