Before I left for Origins, I sent an email to a person who had put an ad on craigslist looking for someone to drive a car from Boston to Seattle. When I got in to work this morning, I had a response waiting for me. I was told some of the details about the car and the pay, and I was asked if I were still interested. I responded that I am. So, unless another person has already been found, it looks like I'll be doing the trip. The car needs to be there around August 11th, so that gives me plenty of time. I figure I can stop off at different family places in Indiana, Nebraska, Oregon, and Washington. Now I just need to figure out how to get back. I'm sure I'll be wanting to hurry back, so a plane might make the most sense. Of course, I really hate travelling by plane, since I've had some awful experiences with missed connections, lost luggage, and the like. It's really unpleasant. I suppose I could take a train back. I certainly don't want to take a bus back. Ideally, I could find someone who is driving from Seattle to Boston, or who wants their car driven that direction, but I doubt I'll be able to find something like that.
Also waiting in my email this morning was a note to go see Boss Lady. In short, they want a decision from me by Monday (which is fine, since I was already planning on having one by Friday). I'll either give them a date that I'll commit to work until, or I'll give them a letter of resignation. I'm definitely leaning towards resigning, especially with getting this driving thing. Although that's a fairly minor part of it. I think I might try either some math tutoring or working in a coffee shop or something (I hate the taste, but I like the smell), or maybe a bookstore. Anyway, we'll see. And hopefully I'll be able to spend some time writing.
So, yeah, I've pretty much decided what I'm going to tell them on Monday. I'll give it until then before I tell them, though, in case I end up changing my mind.