Queue (queue) wrote,
Queue
queue

Fun with major appliances

Made dinner last night in honor of my dad's birthday and him being in town for a few days. I got home early and made the cake, then rested a little bit. Then I got the carrots and parsnips bubbling away on the stove while I made the bread dough. By that time, my dad and sister were over. I was just about to turn the oven on for the bread (it's supposed to sit for 10 minutes before going into the oven), when the burner with the vegetables on it (bubbling over a bit, but that's not unusual) decided to to throw a huge spark onto the kitchen floor. I turned the burner off, and my dad and I went to the basement. We flipped the circuit for the stove back on. Came upstairs, tried one of the other burners. It worked. So we tried the offending burner again. Huge spark onto the kitchen floor. So, turned that off. I stayed upstairs, and my dad went downstairs to flip the circuit again. Now, everything was turned off. When he flipped it, another huge spark shot out of the burner and onto the kitchen floor. And there was also a spark down at the circuit box. Yowza! So, we ended up moving dinner over to my sister's place. Brought the carrots and parsnips and the cake over, brought the bread to bake there, and I assembled soup ingredients and made the soup (chicken lemongrass soup, with tofu substituted for the chicken) over there. It turned out to be okay, but now I have a stove I can't use.

My best guess is to call an electrician. Does anyone have any other ideas of who to call or anything I should do/check before calling an electrician?
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 2 comments