I've got the basics of the new security level script done. I can edit an event's security level using the nice client/server interface (instead of screen scraping), and it will cycle through all of the posts in a date range. Now I just need to make it a bit easier to specify a date range, make a default date range, and allow for making the minimum security level private or a particular friends group.
Then I think I'll let it rest for a day or two and then go back and comment and clean up the code. Then maybe benchmark it against my previous script. I'm sure it will be much faster. The thing I'm not sure how to test for is how much memory they use comparatively. I probably won't release it as a Web page. I think I'll be fine for now releasing it just as a script. I've got a list of something like 15 people who want the script when it's done, so I'll release it to them and see what kind of feedback I get from them.
Man, time sure flies when I'm programming. I think I'm going to watch a Stargate and then go to bed.