Log in

No account? Create an account
November 25th, 2002
11:26 am


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
Technical help

(4 comments | Leave a comment)

[User Picture]
Date:November 25th, 2002 11:32 am (UTC)
I tried telnetting into your web server port and I think I found the problem. Your perl script is not printing a Content-type line. Add this to the beginning of your script:

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";

And it should be happy.

IE5 assuming it's a web page in the absence of more accurate information is kind of annoying. Your script is not following the CGI standard (or the HTTP one, IIUC) and the browser should help you find that out.
[User Picture]
Date:November 25th, 2002 11:40 am (UTC)
Bah. I removed that bit a while ago because, with changes to the jmac.org server, it had started actually printing that line. So, apparently, it hasn't been working correctly since then, but whatever browsers I'd been using just assumed HTML.

Adding the line back in doesn't fix it. So, um, I guess it's a server thing. Supposedly, that guy who runs the server has some more time now, so maybe I'll give him a ping.

Thanks for the help.
My Website Powered by LiveJournal.com