I managed to get some more work done on my article on Sunday morning. I have about 1100 words written total, and I've decided that I'm going to put most everything into one article. The one thing that I'm going to leave for a possible future article is the building of the dictionary, or at least the part of the building of the dictionary that used the Net::Dict module. I need some sort of conclusion and then an abstract, and I think I'll be able to call it a first draft. well, that and some rereading and potential rewriting of the stuff I already have written. So, it looks good to have this first draft done to send in on Wednesday. I may work on it in bits before then, but we'll see. Gaming tonight, class tomorrow, and I might stop by a gaming event tomorrow after class, although I'm not decided, since I'll be getting there something like two hours after it starts.
Saturday was the rain day. Not the best day for driving on the highway and walking around in a scuplture park, but that's what happened. A couple adrenaline-boosting moments of hydroplaning on the highway, then a couple of hours tromping around DeCordova in the rain. I was glad that I had decided to wear my combat boots, since the ground had a lot of water on it. My feet stayed nice and dry, which is more than I can say for some of my clothing, since my umbrella couldn't cover everything. I've been to DeCordova quite a few times, now, and I still really enjoy going back. I enjoy showing it to people for the first time. And I also enjoy seeing some of my old favorites, as well as seeing the new stuff. Some of the sculptures were noticeably absent, including the chicken with the Big Boy head. The Pine Sharks were still there, though. Sushi at Jae's, and then a nice evening of Boggle and book-sharing.
Sunday was nicer weather, and I took advantage of it by being dragged to pick apples. It ended up being really nice, and I came home with 57 apples for $15. Four of the apples turned into applesauce for dinner last night, my first experience with fresh applesauce. Just apples, water, cinnamon, and nutmeg. The recipe called for added sugar, but I'm glad I followed magid's advice and didn't add any sugar.
I also made something that was supposed to be tandoori chicken. The recipe I found called for yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, ginger powder, red chile powder, and garam masala. I didn't have any garam masala, and I was too lazy to look up what exactly was in it, so I made up a mixture of spices. My tandoori chicken had soy yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, ginger powder, garlic powder, garlic granules, chili powder, cayenne, cumin, coriander, clove powder, turmeric, salt, and pepper. I cut some slices into the chicken and then spread the mixture on it and marinated it for an hour or so. It was supposed to cook for 1/2 hour covered and an hour uncovered, but I had to keep it covered the whole time in order to keep it kosher. It turned out really well, very juicy. I'll have to do it again with rice, so there's something to do with the sauce. Actually, hrafn made rice later that night, but she left it out overnight, so I was afraid to take some with me to work today. I did take some leftover chicken, though.
And, yay, two cooking things I can put in the Compendium for this month. And i think I should be able to put my article draft in there as well. So, maybe this won't be as small a Compendium this month as I originally thought.